Tuesday, November 09, 2004

In the News

We have been having some problems here for the last week or so in terms of petrol. About 2 weeks ago there was an explosion at our only fuel refinery and it was closed and will remain closed for the next 6 months according to the Minister. In Jamaican terms it will be closed for the better part of a year maybe more. Jamaicans were good, no rushing of gas stations etc. During last week however the untrained eye could tell that things weren't A-1. We have 2 grades of gas here and you went to one station and no 87 octane. You went to another and no 90 octane but being resourceful you buy whatever you can get. As a matter of fact, when you are running on fumes if you could poop in the tank and it work then hey....!!! Over the weekend though things got dicey in Portmore and several stations in the Corporate Area as they ran out of gas period. This created a rush on other stations and the lines got longer and longer. Well apparently the first shipment of imported gas arrived on Sunday or yesterday and another is expected today or tomorrow so I guess we will have our usual supply of go-go juice today. I passed a couple of stations and the lines were loooonnnnngggggggggg. I'm glad I didn't have to sit in that. Well, I'm on the ten toe turbo for today. My ride decided that it needed a vacation so I left it at home this morning. Hopefully I can get the mechanic to go pay her a visit and tell me how many months salary I have to give him to bring down her fever and get her running again. I have a new mechanic since my usual one migrated. He got a job with Uncle Sam fixing their vehicles. The job pays him more than I make when you convert it. This is the first I will be asking the new guy to make a house call so wish me luck. Anyway I think I've bored you enough for one morning. So...have a great day and if you can't be good be careful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see we both decided to chat 'bout the same thing.

BTW, if the pooping into the tank would work I wouldn't have a complaint my yute!Dr. D.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you get your car up and running Scratchie

Ciya

Anonymous said...

Yeah ... you may need to get a loan to pay for the repairs. I wish I was a mechanic. Hope it all works out for you. From the "most interesting Jamaican Blog"