Sunday, November 07, 2004

Political Debates continue

Well I finally got my phone line yesterday. One week after applying, not bad by Jamaican standards. I haven't signed up for cable as yet simply because the area is served by 2 companies, one is of no use and the other is very expensive so it'll have to wait till month end. As a result I was subject to watching TVJ and CVM and can I tell you, local TV stinks big time. Anyway I was watching a programme called impact with a host by the name of Emily Crooks. Nice looking girl yuh nuh but a TV host she is not. I've seen her on the programme before and it was the same. She antagonize the guests, she asks the stupidest of questions, doesn't allow the guest to answer by cutting them off and then accuses them of not answering. Somebody needs to ensure that she stays away from hosting. Anyway, the JLP members are still having their in fighting and it's getting to everybody. Today the party leaders were on Impact along with one leadership contender and his supporters. IMHO none of this is serving this party any good. The bottom line is that there is so much distrust in that party that you can't even trust the trustworthy. Both sides have their points and I will say I advocate solving relevant issues but this one really just look like stalling tactics to me. The person who can't win is just holding up the show. I'll deal with that in another post though. Just tek care till then. BTW someone e-mailed me about my spelling being different from theirs and some of my sentence grammatics. So just to say that I am Jamaican and from time to time I write like how we speak. So for emphasis, you will see a bit of Patois (pronounced patwah) and you will see the British spelling for certain words e.g. colour vs. color and programme vs. program. If you don't understand the vocab that I use from time to time just shout and I'll try to rephrase or explain. A big thank you to all who comment. It says that I have written something worth reading.

7 comments:

Stu said...

Just have them read the patois dictionary :)

Anonymous said...

Regards the JLP, I think Jamaica's political future is looking grim...seems we soon have a one party shystem...the JLP seems to be on a sure path to death!

You can survive widout cable for a while rude bwoy...remember, we had no electricity for a time T after Ivan...not even TVJ or CVM.

Re the spelling, recently I have seen definitely being spelled definately...nuh ask me weh dat come from !? Dr. D.

Angry Dog said...

Hmmm, the fall of the JLP, how sad....thinking about this and that we could have our own party--hmmm, that's a great idea for a post! Check me out later nuh!

{arf,arf}

Anonymous said...

From Seven:

Ok, I admit it! Whenever I'm home I keep the tv glued to RETV!!! Its hysterical! We keep it on while we go about doing whatever we're doing and constantly, throughout a day, a song will come on, and Midas and I will look up, watch for a few minutes, and then turn to face each oter and burst out laughing!!! I thought the making of a video was a costly thing - apparently not so in Jamaica!!! :D :D :D

Anonymous said...

Seven, clearly you and the Bull are related. RETV is his Kingdom! Dr. D.

Scratchie said...

Seven MB and my son would do well together then Doc. He gets up and the tv goes to RETV and an occassional switch to Hype TV. All day long. To each his own I guess. My daughter was into Fashion TV. She would sit and laugh at the outrageous fashions from across the world. Comedy time according to her.

Anonymous said...

RETV rules! Hey Scratchie, ask your son to push in a video cassette and tape it for me weekly and ship me the taoe nuh, I will work out a fee for this service with you offline... I am serious too! I miss me some RETV and Hype TV and Music Music....

Thus spake Mad Bull.