Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Good Day

Well yesterdaydidn't go too badly at all. I had some problems with some software that I loaded on to an old machine but it was resolved. What happened was that My package of Office 97 was abandoned long ago in favour of new stuff but Tall One was having compatability issue. Anyway the story is in the previous post so go check that. The problem was resolved with a patch from Microsoft. Apparently it was an issue with some of the application suites at that time. So I am happy. Everything is up and running. The Tall One has one part of his IT SBA due and in discussions with his teacher, he has met the requirements already. She has also advised that she will continue with explanations of the parts he does not understand when they return to school after the mid term break which starts tomorrow. So he seems to be on his way. How do you deal with it when friends and family feud. I have a very good friend. She and I have been close for as long as I have known wifey. The friendship has been good and like any relationship we have had ups and downs but I value the friendship very much. Now the problem is her husband's attitude to everything. To cut to the story, yesterday her daughter attended extra classes with my sister, who teaches at her school. The husband asked my sister if the child could pick up her brother (just a short walk away) and return to stay at the house until he was able to pick them up. She apparently told him that it would not be convenient as she had other things to do and babysitting did not factor into the picture. Knowing dear Sis she was a bit more emphatic than I write since she isn't into the babysitting thing at all. She doesn't even sit for family. Anyway I don't know what transpired but my friend's daughter and son turned up at Sis's house (which is actually the family house). Guess who was not amused. She called the husband to find out what the ra$$ was up and words got heated with him telling her to speak to my friend and hung up on Sis. All hell broke loose and the daughter is no longer welcome at extra classes and since my friend is also at all family gatherings it now becomes Sis or friend. How di baxide mi get inna di middle of Sis's preckay...ask me nuh? Wifey asked me what to do and my response is leave it alone. My intention is to leave it alone and extend my invites as normal.If Sis comes then fine if friend comes then fine. I have no intention of trying to choose side because I think both are wrong. The persons who should be saying whether the kids could stay or not are my parents and I have not heard them say anything. At the same time since the essence of friends daughter being there is the extra class then Sis's request not to have the "babysitting" situation should be observed. I know my friend was called and appraised of situation but I don't know what is the verdict. Personally some of it is friend taking advantage of friend generosity as under normal circumstances they would have been welcome to stay at my place but I had supermarket yesterday evening. Friend's husband needs to realize that friend and friends's family are two different things. We may live in the same area but we have different ways of handling things. I await the outcome of this battle royale. Have a great day all.

8 comments:

Jdid said...

you choose the best option. let them deal with it, dont get involve

Melody said...

Ah fink Jdid's right on this one, Scratchie, don't jump into de cass-cass--you're not that mixed-up type anyway. But friend's husband prob'ly has some untold issues, feelin' as entitled as he does. There could be more to it than meets de eye. When friend fills yu in, maybe yu can read between de lines.

Abeni said...

Leave then let them sort it out.Husband was wrong to send the children after she said no.That sound a bit like taking things too much for granted.But,I suppose they will sort it out..in the meantime enjoy the drama:)

Angry Dog said...

Scratchie, I definately share the sentiment of the other bloggers here. Sounds like a very, very trivial argument to me...not something to lose sleep or friendship over. You did the best thing brother man, stay out of it! As dem seh, cockroach nuh business inna fowl fight (not that I am calling anybody cockroach and fowl on your site now, mind you!). Anyhow, walk good!

Scratchie said...

Good to know that you all think I did the right thing. AD it is trivial but I think it's just straw that broke the camel's back. Mel has it bang on. Hubby does seem to think the world is at his beck and call. He makes no proper arrangements for anything not even paying bills and leaves it up to my friend to sort out. The only time he has anything to add is when things go haywire or he can't get what he wants. The classes were being offered free of cost to his daughter partly/really because of my friend but here it is he has screwed it up because he was too lazy to do what should have been done i.e. make proper arrangements for his kids and felt that someone else had to look after them. And Ihasten to say that I know he cannot afford the cost of extra lessons.

Campfyah said...

Scratchie muh boye, ah might be a lil late in responding, but hey, tek a cup a tea on me, ah really think yuh shud tek a stiff drink, but I ein sure if yuh does drink or not.

Well since you din in de conversation, I think like de rest sey, tek a back seat and ley sis and friend and hubby handle de situation. Of course dey gine wanna drag you in de mix, but try tuh hold off and hold ah neutral view

Anonymous said...

Cass cass....??? No my yute, two gears you have can draw in this case...neutral or reverse. Were I you, reverse is the best of the two. I agree with everyone. Stay outta it! Hope you have a good Ash Wednesday. Dr. D.

Anonymous said...

Stay out of it yes, Scratchie... but if you can't stay out of it, make sure the right person gets punished. I have started an assassination business, I call it "Bun out the Chi Chi" (I hasten to add that 'Chi Chi' here means anybody who keep up effries) and for a reasonable money (gi me a Nanny nuh?) I will rub out the guilty party for you (By 'guilty party', I mean Friend's husband, since he sounds like he is the cause of it all). What you say, Sir Scratchie?

Mad Bull