Monday, February 21, 2005

Weekend Review

Hi all, It's Monday again and I really don't wanna be here at work but I don't think Mr. JPS and Mr. NWC and Messrs. C&W will accept that as an excuse when I can't pay them their due so "I owe, I owe so off to work I go......" I had one of my major presentations on Saturday morning. We were asked to do a half hour presentation on the service gaps existing in government entities. We used our handouts and Powerpoint slides and at the end of the presentation we were graded as "excellent". The lecturer didn't even expand on anything we had said and didn't dispute the presentation. She said that my co-presenter omitted an area of enforcement/sanctions for non-compliance of staff in delivery but she said that it didn't detract from the presentation in any way. We also handed in an individual piece for grading. Resits are around the corner and the mad place still has not published last semester grades...so mi don't know if I have any to do. I know I passed one of those that I was concerned about but the other (Marketing) remains outstanding. Had a group meeting yesterday. Started at 3:00 and finished at 7:30. 4 1/2 hours of work on Sunday. It went well though. The project that we were at point A last week is at 1st draft stage and should be totally complete by Wednesday. All in all this semester is actually a better one for me. It is more work but because of the volume of work you are forced to stay on top of it. That plus I think the subjects are being better presented this time around. I put my hooves down with the Tall One over the weekend and it got some good results (if only temporarily). He actually completed another project and will hand it in today ahead of schedule. I was actually able to stay in my bed last night as a result of having gotten somewhere with the assignment so I'm in a pretty OK mood this morning. Well the baton has changed in the political arena. Mr. Bruce Golding was yesterday elected as leader of the Jamaica Labour Party. Mr. Seaga, who had vowed not to attend the meeting on grounds of being dissed (disrespected) during the week by adverts alluding to a new leadership and the retirement of old leadership styles with an old leader, turned up at the conference anyway. He entered amids much celebration at his arrival. My only comment at this point is that an era has ended. Allbeit that it should have ended a long time ago. I am hoping that with new persons in charge of leadership that the party will embrace a new vision that will foster the growth of our small nation. Mr. Golding said that mr. Charles, his challenger< will be an itegral part of the party management....roooight. Forgive me if I sound skeptical. The Reggae Boyz beat T&T for those interested. They are to play Barbados and Cuba I think, but since I'm not really a fanatic it's kinda neither here nor there to me. Wonder if JDid is going to play?? Anyways lest I be accused of chatting too much I gone. Looking for the usual hail ups Later all.

10 comments:

Abeni said...

Put down your hooves..lol.Well good you got somewhere with the Tall One though.Way to go with the presentation!

Anonymous said...

Hail up Scratch!

I feel similar to you this AM....nuh feel like go work. But as you seh...the stuff that rules our existence....

Good that Tall One mekking some headway.

Did you actually watch Golding's speech? You know I didn't bother. Found the football match more entertaining. Have a good week still. Dr. D.

Scratchie said...

Thanks Kami.
Watch what. Come now Doc. Why am I going to put myself through that torture when TVJ and CVM do such wonderful jobs at editing. Watched the news. They give a 30 second report on a three hour event...works for me.

Melody said...

Good 4 U, Scratchie, wif your excellent presentation! An' big up to Da Tall One too, 4 steppin' up to da plate. If Mr. Seaga said that he wouldn't be attendin' de swearin' in, then maybe he shouldn't have attended. Everybody get used to them in-fightin' a'ready, but yu know, de whole bizniz ov him bein' "dissed" reeks ov de donmanship that adds violence to de political arena.

Angry Dog said...

Good work with the presentation Stu! Sounds like Tall One under some serious manners, keep it up! He'll appreciate it when he's rolling in the benjamins someday.

Scratchie said...

Hi Mel I think it's just more showboating than anything else. Had to make agrand entrance.
Sunshine, I'm sure that a China Town is in the making. Downtown Kingston is already a thriving business centre for the Chinese. They have become very busy in that area over the last few years.

AD, wrong blog, (unless the "Stu" means student). I will forgive you since I know that you are still under the weather.:-)

Yamfoot said...

i lift my hat to you...

full time job
house with bills to pay
part time student
full time parent

...how do you do it? I know where my capabilities lie, and they're certainly not there.

Mad Bull said...

Mich, behind every hard working man, there is a woman. Scratchie's wife is obviously an excellent woman. How else could he have achieved all that?

Jdid said...

good work with the tall one. was putting on my boots to go play football but the fellas say i aint ready yet. as an aside though my older brother did play for the barbados team as a striker in the early 70s so i might have some football skill in me somewhere. I aint see it yet though/

Scratchie said...

Thanks guys. Yamfoot, it's a case of doing what has to be done. It's ruff but if yuh want good then nose haffi run. Don't underestimate yourself. I never thought I would be where I am today and I'm working at it.