Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Procrastination...

Procrastination is a heck of a thing, can I tell you. We are all guilty of it at some point or the other. It rears its ugly head when we put off that diet that we are meaning to start or that assignment that we are given at the beginning of the term or the friend we are supposed to call. Or that tyre that keeps going down that needs fixing.....from 6 months ago. I had to laugh at myself yesterday. I have a list of blogs to the right of my page that I go through meticulously on a daily basis. Now those of you who come by regularly know that I have not changed my list in months. Instead I go to a blog which I know has the link that I am looking for and I access it like that. That's where JDid's blog has been good to me. Picture this routine every time I want to read Campfyah's pages. So yesterday I finally place a link on my own page. I guess I will do the rest of them when that spirit of anti-procrastination hits me again. Class last night was fun. I am thoroughly enjoying this course. There are only 6 of us in the class since most people jumped ship when they heard that they had to study drama and art. I will take that stuff any day over Spanish French Japanese or Philosophy. Last night we looked at literature. I already started my short story for grading. I have three weeks to complete it and hand it in. As I told you, if my grade is good I will give you all a read later in the semester. Our mini production (improv) went well and our lecturer was impressed by what we put together in 10 minutes. Told her to ease up on us next week though. Mi poor ole heart can't tek it two weeks straight. The beauty of such a small class is you are able to get personal with the lecturer. Besides I may be about her age anyway so it's more like one on one interaction than a class scenario. Anyways, work calls (and it chatting really loud) so mi gone. Likkle more guys.

10 comments:

Campfyah said...

ha ha ha Scratchie...doan worry, I do the same thing to get to your page. Mine is a bit of procrastination along with the fact that my main page is messed up and I'm considering changing it, since I havn't figured out how to fix it.

Jdid, if you ever change your link on us, we gonna haffa cut yuh down. So what's it you studying in school these nights?

Melody said...

I've decided that 2005 is de year ov Da Pig. It's de year that Da Piggy will break free from de clutches ov procrastination. Plans are already in place, but mi a postpone de ACTUAL breakin' free 'til December. LOL--just kiddin'! So far, I've been implementin' some good changes in mi life, an' I'm pleased 'bout that. What kinda improv didja do, Scratchie?

Jdid said...

procrastination is a serious thing. really easy to fall into that rut really hard to climb out.

so ya juss using my page as a transfer ta get ta camps page. cuhdear man. :-)

Abeni said...

Procrastination is really a heck of a thing.I pass it off by saying I doing the real important things instead:)Hurry up and post the story.

Anonymous said...

lol...got to you by way of X's page...it's so funny cause i go thru her page to access a lot of the one's i like to read daily. good to know im not the only one!

procrastination...SUCKS!

golden...

Anonymous said...

Agree, we all procrastinate. I like to call it proritising when I start to dish things that don't need to be done TODAY or NOW...'specially when one starts to get overwhelmed...me is one body with full time and part time work, a house to run, and a life oddawise.

Need to tidy up my links bad bad and add some. I actually get to JDid as me have him listed in 'favourites'....All of you who me read and comment on regularly and nuh link is no dis, zeen!?

Scratchie, Espanol es un lengua muy facil para aprender. Vas a Portmore en la noche para practicar hablando! ;-) Dr. D.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

"Anyways, work calls (and it chatting really loud) so mi gone." I love this line, Scratchie, I may teef it soon! ;-)
Mad BullP.S. Pls delete the unsigned version of my comment above

Scratchie said...

Well based on what I've been reading here I won't knock myself too hard. Welcome Golden. Feel free to drop by anytime.
I keep mentioning school and courses well the courses I'm doing will eventually lead me to a Bachelors degree in Business Administration with special emphasis on Human Resource Management. I hope to throw in a minor in Computer Technology but we'll see. I have 2 1/2 years to go, half way through my programme...yeahhhhh!!!!! Wish me luck.

Scratchie said...

BTW Doc, you had me grabbing for my 3rd form Spanish dictionary but then I saw "Portmore" and I didn't even bother to look it up. I got the drift :-)