Thursday, February 03, 2005

Maybe I need to just calm down and....

Some years ago I downloaded Yahoo Messenger to my computer and never use it. Towards the end of last year it kept offering me updates and there is no way to stop the updates being offered. It's either tell it yes or suffer through the same crap questions every time you get on the net. I finally decided to remove Yahoo Messenger from the machine totally cuz mi really not a sit down at night and write messages type of person...(well not yet anyway). Maybe if I find some interest I'll change my mind but for now.... Well removal went easily enough but Scratchie couldn't be satisfied, OHHH noooo, had to try something else. I decided to try MSN Messenger for some unknown reason. Remember mi nuh use di damn sinting but had to have something. Dat blasted piece of software took almost 45 minutes to download. Now 45 minutes is nuff time when yuh tyad an want major sleep. Then came set up. I am thoroughly convinced that these software people design these things with some sick sense of humour in mind. "How can we frustrate the hell out of the idiots that download our madness?" Let's see, we'll give them really large programmes to download, we'll ensure it hitches a couple of times and then we'll give them minimum instruction on how to use it. Anyway I finally got the thing installed, now ask me again why I installed it? I have not a clue. I figure it was just that moment when self torture was necessary. Having said all of this, how many of you out there use MSN Messenger? Who uses Yahoo Messenger? How do you use the damnned things anyway? Maybe tonight when I am not too tired to fight it out I'll try to figure it out again. Later guys.

9 comments:

Melody said...

Hey, Scratchie, I've had MSN for only a few weeks, but it's OK so far, except that when ah try to sign on sometimes it tells mi to re-install & that some elements ov de software are missin'. Ah know that's not right, 'cause ah tried to sign on another evenin' an' it worked, but de routine repeated itself after that, so ah guess signin' on is just de luck ov de draw--never mind that AOL tries to re-route mi every time ah sign on MSN & ah haven't been able to access Hotmail because ov that. It doesn't 2 bother mi. Good luck wif MSN, an' when you're done settin'it up, please gimme yu address so ah can add ya!!

Anonymous said...

My yute, drink a Red Stripe and jus chill! ;-)

I use both, but use the MSN one much more, simply cause most o de people me chat wid have MSN.

Respec. Dr. D.

Abeni said...

Scratchie..it is very easy to use.You have to add contacts by using the person's hotmail addy.When thta person signs on they will accept your invite and then both of you cans tart chatting.You done have mine so just use me as the guinea pig:).Miss Melody,long time I doh see you online.

Jdid said...

I started with aol then moved to msn and sometimes use yahoo. I dont blame you for uninstalling the yahoo messenger, it definetly has issues. I had to uninstall on my old computer because it was acting weird for no real reason. yahoo got the avatars that you can play around with and some sound files that u can use too but its all extra bells and whistles that not necessary. msn got it beat in my opinion. just make sure you set the options so it doesnt do the default an run everytime you go online. thats annoying.

Campfyah said...

Scratchie..me and you boff in de same line...me and computer language doan dig atall.... I barely know de basics. Anyhow I have both MSN and AOL The MSN was a pretty easy install and just recently I upgraded it tuh de fancy stuff..works fine for me. So if yuh finally get it tuh work, drop muh a line and ah cud add yuh to de list.

Good Luck with your studies...the last two years gonna fly by quick.

Scratchie said...

Hi all, don't get me wrong you know, I am pretty comfortable around the computer stuff but I do enjoy the hardware aspect of things more than software. What I hate more than anything is quirky software. If you put it out there, it supposed to work. My cousin bought a screensaver package for my son recently and he wanted to load it on the computer at home. I read the package and there were more disclaimers and stop gap fixes than there was program. I just fling it where grass don't grow. Put it on whose machine??? Yuh must be crazy.

CoolDestiny said...

I've been on both Yahoo and MSN since inception. Originally started my instant messaging days with ICQ which was totally cool but ain't doing so well these days if they are still in existence. I personally prefer yahoo ... I guess because it's more girlie :) You may prefer MSN as a male.

Pass on your MSN and we will add you to our contacts list so you can talk to us once we are both online at the same time. Mine is cooldestiny69@hotmail.com.

Trust me, it will be a bit addictive when you just start but after a month or so, you won't want to be on as much especially if the people you talk to online are people you see on a regular basis. It is good to have when you have friends/relatives abroad cause you save a lot on phone bill.

Anonymous said...

I use MSN and occasionally Yahoo. As Cool Destiny said, its really cool, but after a time the excitement wanes.

Mad Bull

Desiree said...

I have used both, Scratchie... and think I yet remember my sign in information though really, I so very seldom do use either anymore. I have really weaned myself off of the web addictions that used to consume much of my time.