Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Waddup....

Waddup Dawgs, No not the Angry one out by the Kennel....you all. For those of you who have children, you can't help but hear the difference in their language. When did bad become good and vice versa, when did telling somebody that they look like sh*t means that they are actually well dressed and looking good. I don't know about you but I'm having a hard time just keeping up with the dress code to add language to the mix. I sat and listened to some teens chatting at class last night and I seriously considering commissioning the writing of a teen dictionary so that we adults (even Kami and Dog) can understand the "crap" that comes out of their mouths. The mode of dress is another issue. Why the hell am I going to a store to purchase a pair of jeans with razor cuts and shredded tears. The reason I'm buying a new jeans is because the old one looks like that. The only difference is that I don't like it looking like that and it looks that way because it is worn out and has become yard wear. Mi nah pay nobody to do it for me before mi even start wear it. Onnuu hear di age talking don't it. My son tried to buy a pants a few months ago. He is trying to tell me (this learned student) that he wears a 34 waist. Breddrin, I wear a 36 so there is no way on God's green earth that that stick of a boy can wear 34. I worked so hard to get to my 36 an im want to come jump right up there beside mi. Boy pay your dues. 34 and 36 come from years of snacking and junk food. Underwear is no longer underwear since it is worn so that everybody can see the colour, style and cut of it. Not to mention when it stay like batty floss. Not complaining still, but it kinda hard to concentrate in class with such wonderful distractions. Why is it that the men now choose to wear their pants on their hips with boxers showing. For who's benefit exactly. "Style"!!! What are the limits that we parents set? Do I allow my teen daughter to go out on the road as rape bait? I think not. I look at some of the music videos these days and some of them should carry an X rating. We argue about the level of teen sexual activity but I honestly don't think that they are the ones making these movies and videos. They have it shoved in their faces daily, so what do we expect? I have accepted that they live in a new world and honestly it is a world I don't fully understand. I'm not so sure I want to understand it either. Don't get me wrong, prudish I am not but I do believe that there are certain things that should be left until you are an adult. i guess we just have to hug them and hope that the guidance we impart has an impact on how they live their reality. Nuh true? Later guys.

4 comments:

Abeni said...

Great post!.I can't tell you when it start cos mi meet it so:)I ent understand the underwear being the outwear either-to me it looks tacky.Noooo,don't send your daughter dressed as rape bait at all.She will attract attention she not mature enough to handle-all kind of perverted older men walking round out there.Set your rules and pray!

Mad Bull said...

Seems that lots of people don't like the 'underwear as outwear' thing. Virginia actually passed a law about it recently. They were going to fine violaters $50. Seems they have dropped the law, cuz it was too embarassing!? Go figure... I thought it was a neato way to get Gov't some revenue anyway...

Melody said...

This post is so true, Scratchie. I'm still tryin' to understand de point ov some hip-hop music. Why would anyone want to publish music that tells people to deal drugs an' get locked up? Ah guess it's just a sign ov de times, luv. We can't do anyfing about what they hear on de road, but we can instill in our own de best home trainin' we know how to give.

Anonymous said...

Can't understand the boxers showing ting miself. And, I nuh care what anyone waan seh....call me old or prudish, but when a woman at work bends over and the elastic of the thong a show at the upper end of the pants...it ent sexy...it looks cheap IMHO. Bra straps showing beneath a blouse with spaghetti straps looks ugly. Underwear showing is not sexy. When you at you yard or inna you bedroom, is a different business.

Scratchie, as a teen, I wasn't by any means wayward, but I wasn't any nerd either.....nevertheless, me never gimme parents no heartache. I don't identify with teens and their poor behaviour, lack of manners and ting nowadays. Sometime I glad me nuh have nuh yute yet. Cause I can tell you, if me do have any, and dem can't tow de line....some serious war a get on! Dr. D.