Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Christmas Past.....

I feel like I have been in my own version of "A Christmas Carol". Over the past few days I have seen Christmas' past, present and future. Let's stay with the present (now recently past). The week leading up to Christmas was hectic but I can't complain. With my job it could have been a whole lot worse so I give thanks. I went out with a few of my high school friends on Thursday night. It was good and I stuck to my drink limit of 2 Red Stripes and only followed them up with Pepsi. Besides I needed to be awake for the rest of the evening heh heh heh. Friday was OK...quiet and I got to leave work a little earlier than usual. Christmas day was good. I went to look for a friend and my God-son in the morning. The only hard part of the day was that I had to go to the airport to pick up my niece. Iyah the airport did ram pack wid people. Luckily we saw a friend who was able to accelerate the process. We had family dinner in the evening. The children put on their Christmas show which has been a family tradition since my youthful days. The evening was well spent. On Sunday I went to church. Gots to catch likkle blessing for the season nuh true. Went to dinner in the evening and spent the time chatting and joking around. Good fun. Yesterday I spent the better part of the morning working on a job I had started on Thursday evening. I had to finally put my foot down and advise the client that what she wanted done to the computer was next to impossible. Her bill was already more than what the job would have been worth normally. Never let non tech people try to dictate what they want you to do. I wasn't in any mood to argue with her before but really it was becoming a bit long in the tooth so I spelt it out in ways she could understand, it's either this way or nuff money. She finally relented. Had the stupid machine up and running in 2 hours. Had family over for the evening. More liming and joking around. Dr.D called to invite me to meet with some of the blogging crew but unfortunately I had to pass since my wife's brothers and sister and their families were still there at the time. I hope I will get an opportunity to meet them before they run back to their respective parts of the blogging globe. All in all the holiday was good. New Years is still to come so we'll see what mischief I will get up to then. Probably stay home and chill inna mi bed. It's still so hard to believe that Christmas came and went all in the space of 24 hours. I guess we'll do it all again next year. Later guys.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good that oonoo having fun, sorry to hear you missed the Yardie Blogger link up. Hopefully they will be able to arrange another one at a time more suitable to the I. All the best for the New Year, Scratchie! :-)

Mad Bull

Abeni said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Abeni said...

Sorry abt the above post.Anyway I was saying that the day flies so fast that you have to ask yourself if all the preparations really worth it.I think the answer is yes despite all the ups and downs.Sorry you missed the link up with the blog crew.

Anonymous said...

Scratchie, as much I enjoy it, the Christmas Day does almost seem like an anticlimax eh? With all the effort that is put into it.

So, did you manage to stay awake for the rest of the evening? heh heh heh!!! ;-)

Just in case we don't see each other before, all that is good for '05. Frankly, if it is not better than '04 then I prefer not to change the year! Dr. D.

Melody said...

Sounds like yu had a really nice Christmas, Scratchie. That's good. I'm likewise grateful to God. Some other people never have de same luck! Lord knows likkle blessin right now is more important than ever. Maybe new year's will be your time to link wif de Bloggin' crew. If not, all de best, all de same. Kiss kiss.

Stu said...

I agree with Doc, Christmas is a bit anticlimactic