Friday, December 31, 2004

Why di Rahtid 2004 Nuh Gwaan bout it Business?

This has been rough and trying year from a global, national and personal perspective. Firstly there will be no long post this morning. Amidst all the natural disasters, wars and economic hardship the phone rang this morning before daylight. Can't be good news:-(. Wifey's brother, my brother in law, who lives in Canada suffered a massive heart attack yesterday evening. His wife luckily had the good sense to take him to the hospital as soon as he started complaining about chest pains. The doctors have completed two procedures through the night and he is schedule for triple bypass surgery as I write this. Kindly keep him and his family in prayers. Apart from the above all is relatively quiet. Right now everybody is kind of tense every time the phone rings. On a lighter note, my family and I went to the movies last night. The Short One wanted to see Sponge Bob and would not be deterred by my suggestions that she hold up the kitchen sponge and call it Bob so we went. Her brother, The Tall One, actually agreed to go with her without a fuss. Altough she is almost thirteen I still feel queezy about letting her into movies and stuff alone. Nuff sick mofo's out there. So, off we went, The children to Sponge Bob and wifey and I to see Meet the Fockers. Horrors of horrors, di cinema ram pack. I had to park in the bottom car park on Brentford Road (I think it was renamed recently to Studio One Blvd or something like that). I had to spring for box seats to Sponge Bob and wifey and I ended up watching Oceans 12. Meet the Fockers was sold out for both shows last night. Why people don't go to dem yard and lef free seats in di movies eh??? The evening was good. Oceans 12 can watch but as to whether I would recommend shelling out the cinema money that is another story. Wait on the DVD. Too many flashbacks that tended to be a bit confusing sometimes. Here what go watch it yuhself! Anyway I am not really in the frame of mind to post too much this morning so till whenever. Oh yes BTW......
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!! And best wishes for a better 2005!!!

7 comments:

Melody said...

Happy New Year, Scratchie! De kitchen sponge coulda never be a satisfactory substitute for Sponge Bob, but ah can bet de Short One had a good laugh at your suggestion just like De Piggy did. I'll keep your brother-in-law and his family in mi prayers. Nuff respect, Scratchie, and all de best for de New Year.

Abeni said...

Happy New Year Scratchie!Looking forward to chatting in 2005 as well.Sorry to hear about brother in law.Lol,I like Spongebob too and the kitchen sponge cyah cut it!

Anonymous said...

Scratch, sorry to hear of your Bro-In-Law. I hope the bypass is a success.

Its been a shyte year fe true. '05 haffi betta or else....

All the best mi bredrin! Dr. D.

Jdid said...

man these heart problem thing like it ketchin fa the holiday season. hope ya brother in law mek a full recovery.

agree wid ya on oceaons 12. watch the video

happy new year to you as well man. doan let them kill ya wid de work in 2005

Yamfoot said...

hope your brother in law recuperates.

happy new year to you and your family.

Meet the Fockers...I intend to see that movie, as Meet the Parents was hilarious...in my opinion.

Stu said...

We took the kids to see it too. My wife and I fell asleep! Happy New Year to you and your family!

Desiree said...

Happy New Year to you, Scratchie... hope your wifes brother does well.. what a way to start the year!

Twas a busy night at the theater, hey... I'll bet Spong Bob was good...I'd be torn having to pick between that and 'Oceans Twelve'