Thursday, December 02, 2004

Runnings

Well people I can safely say that a macro economist I am not!! I got back my results for the test I did on Saturday and I was in two minds. I passed so I was glad for that...no make that elated. On the other hand it was my lowest grade in my university life. I will blow my own trumpet since I can(heh heh heh). I have had a consistent "A" average since starting back at school 2 1/2 years ago. My GPA has remained a consistent 3.7 for that entire period. However in life we encounter obstacles that we know immediately are sent to trample pon black man spirit. I can personify economics as an Imperialist. It was designed to hold back a black man, mind you not in its principles or teachings but in that handcuff sort of way. Anyway I have escaped the clutches of the imperialist temporarily...that is until my final exam in about 2 weeks. Needless to say my GPA will suffer sake of this scurge but hey....life goes on and no resits. I can also report that I found a way to obtain half of my school fees (legally) and this will allow me to register, sit my finals for the semester and still have a bit of leeway in coming up with the rest of the cash by April. Yeeeaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!! I am blessed. I will go on campus tomorrow to sort out the paperwork and get my new ID. It will take some getting use to since I have had this ID number since my original enrolment at school in 1985. It has all my history attached to it, and although they say that all records will be transferred to the new file, experience with their systems has been an excellent teacher. It took me two years to sort out the last set of problems they had and it took that amount of time to obtain my final certificate. We'll see though. There isn't anything I can do about it so ...go with the flow. Other than that life is life I suppose. One step, one day at a time. More from me later. Right now

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scratch...how you love blame everyting pon...'is cause man black' so? (Joke me a mek sah!) ;-)

Everybody have dem trials. You will mash down all de odda exam dem.

Rude dude, send me a e-mail with your digits and Ever C's nuh. Have some ticket issues to deal wid. Easy. Dr. D.

Angry Dog said...

My yute, economics is a rather interesting subject...somehow I found that I got worse at it the older I got. Somehow when you're young, the whole demand/supply/elasticity/shift paradigm makes sense...but when you get older and really realize how the world really runs, you get jaded!

{arf,arf}

Melody said...

Ah felt a touch ov academic nostalgia, when ah read your blog--but just a touch, Scratchie--not enough to put the pork back into a school cafeteria! Ah heard that UWI students protested in the streets for being shut out of school; sad news it was indeed. Hopefully, they'll soon FUND their way, as you've done.

Jdid said...

well scratchie good thing is ya pass the exam. Glad to see you have high and lofty goals though. Keep up the good work star. Next semester is straight A's . nuh pressure :-)

Scratchie said...

Melody, the UWI thing is a big mess and I don't have all the facts so I comment guardedly. The UWI is in cash problems and they are using student enrollment to push their cash flow. My view is that they are alienating their own bread and butter. With the cost of education rising and set to rise even more they could find more creative ways of dealing with the problems. The students are having problems paying this massive school fee all at once. What is going to happen is that the students will move to other institutions who are more willing to work with them rather than beat them up. Both sides have an issue to resolve but the draconian way died a long time ago. It benefits no one. I will talk more about this in a post though.

JDid, bwoy when you are my age every grade counts. Is either pass good or fail badly. No in betweens. I enjoy school though as hard as it is to finance and juggle all the other stuff.

Abeni said...

A grade is a grade is a grade.It look better than a fail right?You know it slightly abnormal to be a straight A student:)

Anonymous said...

Good for you Scratchie...don't beat yourself up too much about the non-A grade....after all, is just human yu human nuh true!

Ciya

Scratchie said...

Well thanks all for the comments. Abeni...gooowwaaaayyy. :) Just ramping. I was a straight C- student right through high school so my A's now average out to B-. The grades are a function of age.