Monday, December 06, 2004

Weekend

Hi all, Just checking in. The weekend was hectic but not too bad for the most part. Sadly a member of my graduating class of '81 (his brother is now my co-worker) lost his mother on Friday. Please keep that family in prayer. I had my final classes for this semester on Saturday. It was a really long and tedious day. We were trying to look at all aspects of the remaining syllabus in prep for exams which start for me on Wednesday. There is hope for Jamaica's service industry. I signed up for my new cable service on Friday and guess what? They came on Saturday morning bright and early and did a full install. Thumbs up guys. The office party was held on Friday night. I went for a short while since I knew I had to get to class on Saturday. It wasn't bad but nothing to write home about either. On Sunday was church. In the afternoon I went to New KIngston to see the final three stages of the car rally. About 15 out of 41 cars finished. Most of the top contenders were out by the start of these stages but the remaining drivers really put on a show. Motor racing is the one thing that I can honestly say that I wish I had the funds to participate in. We had competitors from Barbados join us for the event. Pretty good show. Anyway I will chat some more with you guys later. I am running out to school to try and collect my exam slip so gotta go.

5 comments:

Melody said...

I'll be rootin' for yu when yu exams start on Wednesday. De Pig's pleasantly surprised that the cable service outdid themselves on Saturday, let's hope that's the new face of service in Jamdown. So, Scratchie, your secret identity is Mario Andretti or Alain Prost!

Anonymous said...

Bwoy, Sir Scratchie, I can remember those work and school days like it was yesterday. I went thru the same ordeal. Gwan fight the good fight, brother, its for the best.

Sunshine, they rally right in the streets of New Kingston... Knutsford Blvd, etc... some exciting driving... I remember once watching a Suzuki Swift powering head on straight into the wall by Island Car Rental! Luckily no one was hurt.

Mad Bull

Jdid said...

boy scratchie maybe them service people turning ova a new leaf. lol
anyways if i was you i wud count dat as a blessing cause ya know 99 times outta a hundred ya wudda wait at least a week fa installation.

Anonymous said...

Hope everything goes well with your exams Scratchie.

Anonymous said...

I not complaining bout my cable crew..they do deliver.

So, somehow I can see de rude dude behind the wheels of a WRX a duss up him bredrin dem outta steet! :-)) Dr. D.