Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Hi all

Hi guys, Just saying a quick good morning. Exams are down on me and believe you me the ol' brain too tired to think about anything to post. So I'll spare you the details on my courses cause that's all you will be able to get out of me right now. I am enjoying the new browser. I haven't found any issues as yet. I downloaded it at home and it took about 10 minutes with a dial up connection speed of 44.0 kps so it really isn't bad. The interface is exactly like IE so you don't even have to get used to a new screen. The difference is how it handles the files. I LOVE IT!!!! As Desiree was saying to Dr.D. its just "download file, double click on the icon when it is finished and wahla instant speed". I saw this lite humour somewhere and thought I'd share a smile. (Plus it gives Dr.D. a chance to get back at me for giving him such a low grade for his jokes. MB turn stand up comic too but we'll see. Enjoy the day... Jim and Edna were both patients in a mental hospital. One day while they were walking past the hospital swimming pool, Jim suddenly jumped into the deep end.

He sank to the bottom of the pool and stayed there. Edna promptly jumped in to save him. She swam to the bottom and pulled Jim out.

When the medical director became aware of Edna's heroic act he immediately ordered her to be discharged from the hospital, as he now considered her to be mentally stable. When he went to tell Edna the news he said, "Edna, I have good news and bad news. The good news is you're being discharged; since you were able to rationally respond to a crisis by jumping in and saving the life of another patient, I have concluded that your act displays sound mindedness. The bad news is, Jim, the patient you saved, hung himself in the bathroom, with his bathrobe belt, right after you saved him. I am so sorry, but he's dead.

"Edna replied, "He didn't hang himself, I hung him there to dry....How soon can I go home?"

7 comments:

Abeni said...

Lol,this one is an A

Joe said...

Hi, I popped over from Dessi. Love the joke and good luck at school!

Scratchie said...

Thanks Abeni.
Welcome Joe. The only admittance charged is good behaviour :) So feel free to pop over regularly.

Anonymous said...

Good one Scratchie, hope everything goes well with your exams.

Stu said...

Dial-up. Ouch!

Scratchie said...

Thanks for all the comments guys.
Yes Stu, dial up .....arrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!! But unfortunately our telecom market is regulated in a different way from up there. Our cable providers can as an extension of their licence offer internet services but it is costly and there are other regs that if they are not careful will have them in other legal battles so most don't bother. ADSL/DSL are idiculously expensive so unless you are a business entity who needs that kind of connectivity, it really isn't worth it. It was about US$75.00 per month at my last check. Don't quote me though.

Anonymous said...

Tried to grade this 'joke' yesterday...Blogger was having issues again! Couldn't get into the comment section.

Sorry Scratchie....47%...passmark is 50% !

Shall I say wheel and come again....in other words...resit!? :-0 Dr. D.