Thursday, December 23, 2004

What can I tell you....

Well Christmas is right on top of us. It seemed so far just the other day an look ya now, it right pon di door step. The week has been really hectic. I was off doing exams last week and in my three day absence, very little of my desk was touched so I have literally been doing two days work in one. I didn't blog yesterday. I just couldn't bring myself to rant and rave after reading about the shooting of the young man who cleans windscreens. Crime in my homeland has certainly taken on epidemic proportions. Being Christian, it puts me into two minds simply because there is the obligation to try to spread the Word. On the other had I see the very real need for drastic action by our law enforcers. The question is, "Where do we draw the line?" Honestly I don't know anymore. It seems that every half idiot out there has an illegal firearm or can readily obtain one and the sad truth is that they are willing to go to any means to get what they want. Sometimes I don't even bother to read the newspaper anymore because the news is always depressing. This week the main topics have been accidents. Our drives have quite a few new roads, some really good cars and mad people behind quite a few of those steering wheels. Madness has escalated. I was going to say "taken over" but I recall when I was in high school some 20 odd years ago, there was an accident involving a Toyota Starlet on the way home. The jokers actually managed to fit 13 people into that car. Needless to say, crashing was inevitable. For those who are unfamiliar, a Starlet is a sub compact hatchback car a little smaller than a VW Golf or a Geo Metro for my American readers. It small!! This week there have been at least 2 or 3 headlines with accidents resulting in either death or serious injury. It is the silly season. Last night I decided to go play some badminton with my co-workers. I haven't been in a while so the fitness is non existent mi tell unno. Mek mi tell you suppen...I pain up dis morning. Pain in places I never know muscle di deh!! The workout was good though and the after chat and lime was cool. Left the training centre at about 10:00 and couldn't believe the amount of babylon (police officers) still on the roads. They were on every corner writing tickets left right and centre. Good thing I was on my best behaviour. Cannot afford the $5K that tickets run at all. This evening I am supposed to be getting together with my classmates for drinks but I am getting a bit wary of the entertainment package if you know what I mean. At any rate I will definitely try to be there although my office is trying to throw broom in mi spokes. We have external auditors buzzing around so I may need to do some late hours preparing for them. It's hard but honestly the quicker they look and leave the better it is for everybody. I'm hoping that my boss doesn't want to stay today, it being so close to the holidays and all. We'll see. Anyways I think I've more than made up for yesterday and plus if I go on much longer you naw go read it anyway. Tink mi nuh know sey a so it go? Later all.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scratch...I won't bother to add my thoughts to the 'madness' of living here!

So, we a go see you tonight!? I can't understand what you fearing on the proposed 'entertainment package'! Nuh dog going bite you! ;-) Actually, Angry D may well decide to tag along, so mek sure reach. Dr. D.

Abeni said...

The amount of illegal firearms about real scary.Sometime back there were some attempted break ins at our house and the amazing thing was my teenaged neighbors were offering me firearms.They now in jail on murder charge.I think exercise is evil,very evil:)

Melody said...

Ah miss JA, is mi homeland--yu know "I-pig born ya, I-pig awn ya, I naw leave ya, fe goh America--" But De Piggy left, and now mi fears worsen wif every news report. Anyway, enjoy de entertainment later; here's hopin' your boss leaves early. BTW, Scratchie, which muscle yu never know yu have? OINK!!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Scartchie. I understand what you mean about the derailment of everyday society these days...the sad thing is that there seems to be no end to it. Hopefully 2005 will be a more peaceful year! Have fun tonite with the limers!

Jdid said...

I know what you mean about the crime though. Its really heartbreaking.

Stu said...

Badmington, now there's a game I have not heard anyone playing in a while. Not too big here in the U.S.

Anonymous said...

Bwoy, Scratchie, thats one game I'd love to play now... I must find out if there are any courts for it here... I definitely plan on a more physical 2005, and there is no reason that Badmington can't play a big part in that.

Anonymous said...

That last was me, by the way

Mad Bull

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Scratchie. Nice lime last nite! Dr. D.

CoolDestiny said...

I'm just getting a chance to catch up on your blog and share your sentiment about crime in our beloved Jamaica. It has surpassed epidimic proportions and got me further sick to my stomach to hear about a robbery (in St.Ann I believe) and when the robbers were caught, they turned out to be policemen. Corruption has taken over our society and crime will not end until Corruption is no more.

Anyway, this is the time of year for the happiest of thoughts so all the best of the season to you and yours!