Monday, December 13, 2004

Weekend Review

Hi all, A hectic weekend is over but I can say in all honesty that it wasn't bad at all. Got in some yard work on Saturday morning followed by some studying and ended the evening with family get together. The socializing was good. My nephew got a double CD system with a DJ mixer and was having a ball bringing sound to the gathering. Let me say that none of the DJ's who do this for a living will have anything to worry about for quite a while. He enjoyed himself though and that's what is important (I hope). I have never heard so much crap music played over and over again. The other teenagers there took turns at the set and at the microphone. Jokes galore. Yesterday was the brunch put on by my high school graduating class. The food was good and the bad mouthing was present but comradery was good. I had to leave a bit earlier than I would have liked but two exams on your doorstep tend to talk louder than socializing so it was off to study group. which was also pretty good. I am less panicky about the exam later this week. It will be Econ and I still think of it as imperialistic in nature. Anyway since I won't be in office as of Wednesday, I have much to do between now and then so take care till whenever we chat again.

6 comments:

Jdid said...

good luck again with the rest of the exams

Melody said...

Hello, Scratchie. Again, de spirit of De Piggy will accompany you to de exam room. By de way, yu shoulda tek over from yu nephew an' select some classic tune, man!

Scratchie said...

Hi guys. I look forward to your support in my finals. Melody, I just have to accept that it's their music and their time so we just leave them alone. With how things are going on the road, it's better for us if the teenagers have fun under guidance than going out into the unknown to have it influence them. At least when we are around they temper the music that they listen to.

Abeni said...

The exams will be fine.Let the youths enjoy themselves.It sounded like loads of fun

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the Brunch much as well Scratchie. Yes a lime is planned for almost month end. We are looking at Thursday 23rd.

In addition, myself and BertLam link almost every Friday nite for 'sprit' and Pepsi is used as a chaser only....Red Stripe Lite can be allowed however;-)

Mash down the Econ. Then again...nuh BOJ you work???? (Please, I hope Omar is not part of your study group!) Dr. D.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Sir Scratchie, tho I know say you nuh need it! - Mad Bull