Thursday, December 09, 2004

I'm Back

Good Morning all, Hope today finds you well and in good spirit. Well firstly let me thank you all for being there in the exam with me. It's finished and I will wait on the results to determine my status. The paper was manageable and apparently it was adjusted to deal with the Ivan situation, and as aresult we ended up having extra time. Most persons completed the 3 hour paper with at least 1/2 hour to spare. Hope we wrote what we were supposed to. Christmas is in the air. I went window shopping yesterday evening. Things look good but prices look really steep especially when yuh work with government (no bonus). My daughter wanted to feast her eyes so we went. One of my wife's students is returning home to turtle country on Friday so we were looking for a Jamaican gift to present to her from the class. We settled on a Jamaican ornamental doll dressed in the school's uniform. The young lady came to Jamaica in the wake of Ivan as her school in Cayman was badly damaged and her parents thought best to send her to school in Jamaica temporarily. We wish her all the best on her return to her homeland. Wifey must have been impressed as she made a special effort in choosing the gift. Another sign of Christmas is the escalation in robberies. From media reports the ole criminal dem keeping the babylon dem pon dem toes. I have told wifey to be extra careful when she stops at traffic lights and when she goes home before me. The car we drive is a long standing favorite for the thieves although they seemed to have turned their affections towards the Hondas these days. Traffic has also gotten ridiculous but it gives you more time to sit and watch the lights :) (Gotta think positive yuh know!!) Our power utility company is in the news again. One lady was quarreling that her billed has jumped from $2300 to $13000 in one month. She certainly must be bringing new light to the world. Her case is apparently not isolated so the investigations begin as to why how when where who. We'll see how that turns out. I'm waiting on my first bill to come. I settled all previous so I'm supposed to start fresh but we'll see how that goes. Anywayz, I think I've bored you enough for one morning. Have a great day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back...we know you mash de examn...no sweat.

I man know the 'no bonus' 'ting all too well Scratch. So, a likkle wangling haffi gwaan wid the smalls that is available.

Don't walk with cash at dem times, platic all de way.

BTW, we have a likkle 'ticket issue' to deal wid. Later. Dr. D.

Melody said...

Glad ta hear that yu never haffe goh through noh kill-mi-dead exam--although surely some didn't find it as easy as you. (Dr. D ahready tell mi that yu have de brains from your STGC days.) De Piggy likes your wife's idea (the uniformed doll as a souvenir)--it captures both the culture and the uniqueness of the Jamaican academic experience.

Abeni said...

That's how it is with Cmas time and light bills.Everybody bill does just jump right up.Glad to hear the exams went well.Another A?

Scratchie said...

Hi all. Not over yet Sunshine. I have 2 more next week Thursday and Friday. Abeni, the bill jump is unrealistic. They admit to some problems with meter readings etc. but apparently lots of people have gotten these mad bills. They got an increase recently but not that much. her bill went up 600%.

Anonymous said...

Heh hey! Me so glad me nuh work with the power utility company again. When those bill discrepancies happen, is pure madness gwaan in IT as the management scramble around to find out WTF is up. Can be pretty stressful.

Ah better compose an email of moral support to some of me ole bredrin dem. It will begin like this :

"I hear say oonoo get tief since me lef' di place!". ;-)

Hey Scratchie, is Turtle country you said the dawta come from? Sen' me some blue mountain coffee and a RETV video tape wid har nuh? That will make an Irie Christmas present for the Bull clan, trust me.

Angry Dog said...

Bwoy Scratchie-San, here's hoping that you've managed to slew the exam wid karachi! Man, you mekking me nervous bout coming to yard fi di Chrismus still, but hey, good or bad man haffi live and enjoy time!

{arf,arf}

Jdid said...

welcomeback scratchi, glad the exam went well.