Monday, January 03, 2005

2005 has Started

Well 2005 started with a bang. I went to my sister's to ring in the New Year. She planned a games evening, and fireworks were provided by the teenagers. These are illegal in here btw but they are still accessible so the kids buy them. The police try to control the sale but I don't think they are too hard and fast about it. We were slated to have family dinner on Saturday up by another sister's house but she has been having problems with her water supply so the venue got changed to my house. Half way through preparing for guests, boops, water gone. Then poof light goes. A wah di rahtid dis?! 1st day of 2005 and both light and water lock off for no apparent reason. Did I mention that in all of this Sunshine passed her flu over the internet to me. On that same note I am now ready to send it through cyberspace. Any takers? Come on!! Who wants the flu? The dinner went well I'm told since I spent most of the time locked in my room shivering under the covers. Anyway the worst semms to have passed by yesterday. I stood as God father for my wife's grand niece at her Christening. Di pickney kick an bawl an fight off di pastor. Her grandfather took us all to lunch at Bamboo Village afterwards. Di place was ram packed. I neva know sey so much jamdowners could afford to go out so early on a Sunday Morning to eat. The food was good. I finally got two tyres and changed all the struts on the car so it feels good. They aligned it and all seems to be well. Canada called and my brother-in-law is doing really well. They used some vein out of his leg to repair some blocked arteries or the other. (Dr.D. can propbably understand what I'm saying) Bottom line is that he was up and walking yesterday after having undergone major surgery during the week. He was in a bit of pain but bearable. The doctors have much hope for his recovery siting his good health habits as a major factor. The Short One goes to the orthodontist today for evaluation. She will need to fit braces. I will know the extent of her requirements later today. All in all 2005 has started on good footing so we'll see how it goes from here. Till later guys.

8 comments:

Angry Dog said...

Happy New Year Scratchie-san! Here's hoping that we have occassion to buck up before I fly out come Friday!

Abeni said...

No thanks,re The Flu.I think it is finding your body very enjoyable.Don't cheat it of its pleasure now:).Great about brother-in-law.Braces are horrible,poor Shortie.

Scratchie said...

Just an update. The Short One just got back from the orthodontist. She needs the braces but they can't go on now. She is changing teeth and some of the others are still too small for them to be fitted to. So the alternative is to look at it again in August. She is disappointed because children at her school have been troubling her about it but what to do.

Melody said...

Ah guess de post-Ivan infrastructural problems continue, eeh Scratchie? Nice to know you're OK today--but me doan want de flu, either! That's good news about your brother-in-law; hopefully, his vein-graft works out well long-term. Kids can be so cruel--tell de Short One to hang in there; it'll get better.

Anonymous said...

If is Sunshine gie you de flu over the net is cause you antivirus ting naw shock out! :-) Don't blame the poor woman!

Good to hear that the graft seems Ok with your Bro-In-Law.

Yeah, '05 deh yah. But in many ways it seems like little has changed. Anyhow, we shall see.

Wonder if we can arrange a link with the Dog for Wednesday night? We will communicate! Dr. D.

Abeni said...

They trouble you when you teeth need fixing and they still trouble you when you mouth full of metal.You just can't win! It worth it though when they finally come off.

Jdid said...

I wake up this marnin an say that I aint feeling 100% but din realize dat wunnah passing the flu bout online now.

Anonymous said...

Get well soon, Leutenant Scratch. Hope the light/water outage isn't a sign of things to come...

Mad Bull