Monday, January 24, 2005

Monday again

Hi all, Today is quite nice and sunny here in Jamaica. A bit of a breeze due to some weather system or the other. Had to resort to sleeping with windows locked tight and under the sheets. It got a little chilly. I know, I know...the Canadians will tell me that they would welcome my kind of chilly any day over what they are going through. Sorry for them yuh si! The weekend was expectedly hectic. Saturday was class as usual. I went to a class last week Saturday, and the lady who taught about client relations needed to go back to classes herself. She came in to the first lecture with some serious chip pon di shoulders. She was amptly termed as a female doggy. (Sorry Doggy, no offence but you ain't like her at all). I was dreading the class and as thoughts of sculling ran through the brain I decided to go. What the heck, might as well ruin a perfectly good Saturday. The class was actually quite good. The lady had a pretty decent attitutde and we were actually able to converse with her. Went to buy some computer parts for a job I was doing and then had lunch with my friend. We see each other quite often but recently with school we see each other at school but the relaxation time is nil. The company was good and it was good to just chat with her about nothing in particular. We rushed back to classes and ended the evening with The Short One's get together. I was up till 1:00 a.m. on Sunday morning putting this CPU together for a young lady since I wanted to get it out of my hair by afternoon. The build up went easily and no hitches. Problem is that these builds never go as planed so I sat anticipating the problem showing up later in the process. Sure enough it did. Tested the system, did the usual break in and packed up for delivery. Simple plug and play process, disconnect old CPU connect new right?....Wrong. Turned on new CPU, boots up fine then the flashing search screen shows up...what di rahtid is that? Must have been something that got added when I reached her house. Went through the checklist. Turns out to be her keyboard. Can it be repaired?...Don't know and wasn't going to try. At Us$5.00 or J$350 for a new one I wasn't going to waste my time or energy trying to figure it out. Did a loaner and told her to get one asap or call me if she wanted me to source it for her. Went to visit my friend last night. It never rains but it pours. Just felt like getting out of the house. I posted three of my pictures when I got home. I have a problem. The software that I use for posting pictures is on my home computer. The restrictions at work do not allow personal software to be loaded to the machine. I can get away with stuff that runs on top of Windows but when it has to integrated into the system files I have to get creative. I try not to because I shows up on the reports in the IS Dept. So pictures will only come from home. Dial up + Pictures = Very high phone/Internet Bill + long time at computer. Anyway got to go do some work so enjoy the day. Go look at my pictures. Two of them are from my hobby.

4 comments:

Abeni said...

Use www.photobucket.com.You don't have to download anything at all.All you have to do is register and then upload your pics to it.Use the tags from it to upload images into your posts.It way better than Hello

Melody said...

Good that de Saturday class turned out well. Shows how 1st impressions can be misleadin'. Sounds like yu had a nice weekend, Scratchie (school, play, work-roast), can't beat that. Kami's photo-bucket site sounds very workable.

Scratchie said...

Will check it out Abeni. Thanks. I'm a sheltered blogger yuh nuh. I've never heard of that one.

Anonymous said...

Sir Scratchy, those model cars look nice... I want an Impreza like that one. Pretty. Hey, didn't know that you were in the computer building bidness? Great! Mebbe I'll ask you to build one for me soon! :-)

Mad Bull