Monday, January 24, 2005

Evolution 4


Hosted by Photobucket.com
 This is a 1996 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4 WRC. It represents the last in what my ideal thoughts of the Evolution represents. The car is a hyped up Lancer carrying a 2000cc turbo charged inline 4 engine with well in excess of 200 horsepower. Each year Mitsubishi has produced a car based on its street platform. This is #4 in the series. There have been other Evo's since this one. They are up to Evo 8 but I think the Evo was the silent "killer" that sneaked up beside you at the traffic light and when you challenged him to run he would leave you gasping for air at the shear speed and response of the machine. What has happened to recent Evo's is that the car bears less and less resemblance to its road going counterpart and has become too recognizable IMHO. Persons disagree but that's just how I see it. The photo above was my desktop photo for a long time. I still have the picture because mi just love this car.   

7 comments:

Melody said...

But Scratchie, yu really know de car bizniz. Readin' your Blog is an auto education for me in that regard. Is your current desktop photo a later model ov this car?

Scratchie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scratchie said...

Hi Mel, No my current desktop feature 2 Subaru Imprezas (a WRC and a WRX STI versions). Don't worry about the lettering, one is a street car the other is a World Rally Championship (WRC) car. I'm a Scoobie amn at heart. The last Mitsu I paid any attention to was the Evo 4.

Abeni said...

Photobucket posted this one?

Scratchie said...

Yes Kami, including the blog entry itself.

Anonymous said...

Evos are wikid my yute! Dr. D.

Anonymous said...

Well, I think that even the Evo IV was recognisable and looked sufficiently different from its roadgoing counterpart that people would not readily try to test. It is a nice car yes!

Mad Bull