Thursday, January 20, 2005

Another Day

Hi all, Couldn't post yesterday and today will be brief. Work again. Firstly please join me in wishing The Short One a Happy Birthday. I now officially have 2 teenaged children. Can you imagine? She is so enthusiastic about her birthday. Will get her a cake for Saturday and will invite a couple of her friends over to share it with her after I get in from classes. A part of one of my courses requires that I do some creative short story writing....yuck!!! Anyway I am working on that piece and I showed it to a friend. She likes it, so when I am finished I will give you all a read. It will probably be my only artistic work in my life. It must be worth something, nuh true? Watch out Doggy, Scratchie gwine come tek ova di writin scene. JDid spoke about dances recently and he made mention of the Jamaican dance scene. Well it seems as if that has changed overnight. Bogle was shot and killed this morning at a street dance. Bogle was one of those instrumental in creating several of these dances. Reports are sketchy and all we know is that he had a disagreement with someone at the dance. They left the dance and the persons followed and shot at the group. The shooting has created pandamonium in the dancers community and it is the scene of protests and these protests are never usually peaceful so I assume houses are burning. We have a new Police Commissioner in the person of Mr. Lucius Thomas. He was sworn in yesterday. Let's see if he can make a dent in the crime scene. Good luck Commish. Do well for our sake. Anyways, will chat more later.

6 comments:

CoolDestiny said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHORT ONE!!

How can you make such a statement about short story writing when you have a blog ... shame on you!

Yes, houses are already burning so those of us who may be working in or close to those areas or have to drive thru them may get to go home early!!

Anonymous said...

Well, Mr. Scratchie, me can send greetings sar? I want to send birtday greetings to the short one. All this coming from the one dem call Dr. D.

You giving me news about the killing of Bogle. I am at a loss at the way in which this carnage just seems to be skyrocketing.

I wish the new Commish all the best as well, but somehow...let me stop being pessimistic. Time will tell. Dr. D.

Melody said...

Happy Birthday, Dear Short One, Happy Birthday to you! Enjoy teenage life SLOWLY, it's de greatest, but in hindsight it can go by so fast, and Short One, believe mi, you'll want it to last a bit. Many happy returns!

Scratchie, what a news 'bout Bogle. It'll either add to de violence in de music or take away from it, but he's too big ov a dancehall icon for de news to have no effect. Hopefully, de new Commish brings back some peace to JA.

Abeni said...

Never knew Bogle was based on a person.How very interesting! Happy birthday Shortie,13 is a great age.Enjoy it.

Yamfoot said...

mr thomas need more than just help....him need a miracle.

happy birthday to your teenager. now di bwoys going to start knocking at the gate, or wanting to sit in the pew with her at church even when it appears there is no more space!

Jdid said...

Happy Birthday short one

Sorry to hear about Bogle. So I'm guessing these protests will be far from peaceful. Well stay safe star.