Thursday, January 13, 2005

NIP (Nothing in Particular)

Well it seems the worst is over at work with the year end stuff. We had a successful update of the system so staff can now focus on 2005. Now comes the boring part...reports and corrections to rush additions. Anyway that should be over soon too. I have a new supervisor and I hear that my job functions will change slightly. I am now supposed to focus on the HRMIS which has been half heartedly updated in recent times. It is based heavily on the organizational structure which has changed several times in the past 2 years so it has caused some issues with the information system so I will be dealing with that as a project. I don't mind though. School statred back on Tuesday and I met one of my lecturers for a course called Caribbean Cultural Expression. I have two words "bird course" :-) It sounds quite interesting and the lecturer is really pleasant. She has bright beautiful eyes and is always smiling. She sounds bubbly so I hope the course will be an interesting one. I am not a lover of reading, dance or art and my interest in music can be considered superficial at best, so the content will definitely be an eye opener for me. I can count on 2 hands the number of plays that I have been to in my life. I went once with wifey to an NDTC production and she had to wake me up no less than 5 times. I often tell her that it was 'a once in a lifetime never to be repeated experience'. The lecturer has her work cut out for her, nuh true? Well the political scene turns again with Dr. Peter Phillips announcing his interest to lead the PNP when the Prime Minister leaves office. Interesting times ahead folks. Anyway, enough chat from me. We'll catch up later.

6 comments:

Abeni said...

That course sound interesting fuh true.You don't like plays?Let's trade islands because I quite like the Jcan theatre

Melody said...

Scratchie, I'll watch de J'can plays for you. Man, those were mi favourite. Like Kami said, de course sounds good, Cultural Expression and a bright beautiful instructor. It just might surprise yu!

Anonymous said...

Caribbean Cultural Expression....so...mean seh man can cuss claat inna de class, and shock out on de exam?! ;-)

No surprises re Phillips! Dr. D.

Jdid said...

good luck with the course man. maybe it'll give you new enthusiasm about theatre and music.

Yamfoot said...

that teacher sounds like me. bright and bubbly. i try to project enthusiasm when i go into the training room and apparently i am successful based on the feedback. they tell me i not stiff, and i talk in language they can understand. i was surprised after a session in st kitts, one of th employees came up and gave me a hug and said thank you!

enjoy the class. that sound like one of those that you can easily get an A on!

Anonymous said...

Scratchie, try some of the Jamaican plays at the Barn and at other such places. Doh diss all theatre because you didn't like the NDTC production. I myself have not been to any NDTC thing, but I have been to several plays and if you don't go to any, you missing out. Try anything by David Heron or Ralph Holness or Ginger Knight. Let us know how you like it.

Mad Bull