Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Is what really goin on??

Hi all. Reached work extra early this morning so I decided to listen to the radio for a change and catch up on some news. Two news items caught the ears in particular. It seems that our Mayor is overdoing it. He had some sort of fainting episode in his office yesterday and has been ordered to rest. I don't envy him his job at all. I don't know much about the political side of him but in all honesty he is the first mayor that I have heard so much in the news since I can remember. He has tried to tackle some things head on. I am not saying he is succeeding at everything, but I think he is trying. Today is Mr. Seaga's last day in Parliament and his resignation takes effect tomorrow. The news cast announced that an Opposition Leader will be elected to represent the JLP until Mr. Bruce Golding is able to obtain a seat in the House. The next part of the newscast is what kinda grabbed me. It said that Mr. Golding is expected to be elected to replace Mr. Seaga in the West Kingston seat since the other two persons who had indicated that they would run are no longer interested. A wah di backside dis? Two who were so hot for the seat (which is almost a guaranteed JLP win each election) are "no longer interested". OK then!! When did all of this happen anyway? Cannot be bothered with this political business cuz yuh neva know what will happen from day to day. Not to mention that somebody from the JLP has told their constituents to be prepared for snap elections. IMHO, elections now, elections 2 years time, who are we to vote for? Anyway, I really don't have a lot to say this morning so as we here say Hol' tight zeen and respec' to di massive! Blessings!! Addendum: It cold this morning!! Some serious breeze blow all night iyah. Mi had to draw cover. This morning at office the thermostat fight has already started. I am in my jacket which I reserve only for this type of weather. An yuh really want me in Canada weather? Yeah Right!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw the thing about the Mayor. Him Doc...Ken Baugh seh him resting and waiting on some test results. I wonder if is really tiyad him tiyad or suppem else a manifest itself? Anyway, I hope he is alright, man seems to work hard fe real.


Re the others who are 'no longer interested' me cyaan understnad the JLP sah. Snap elections? Dem really tink seh dem woulda win?

The weather nice man...but I share the same sentiments with you about Canada. In fact, most of my post this AM is pretty chilly stuff! Tek it easy and enjoy the cool. Dr. D.

Melody said...

As far as his ailments, Mayor needs a food-tester--de stance that he took against extortionists downtown was a brave but risky one. He does seem genuine, Scratchie, if only because his hard work hasn't gone unnoticed by reportedly biased media. Today, de high is 14 degrees--ov course, ah didn't listen what de lows will be; that'd just be depressin'. Keep warm!

Abeni said...

I hear you about the chilliness.Some time last week I was wearing a sweater in the house.

Jdid said...

if I was dealing with the kinda cold y'all have I might be running round in a t shirt lol

Scratchie said...

I remember on one visit to New York I stood outside the airport in merino, 2 two undershirts, long sleeved shirt and jacket swaet bottoms and jeans over that and was still freezing my little tooshy off. My cousin came to pick me up in t-shirt shorts and sandals. He laughed me to scorn but JDid coldness is a personal perception. :-)

Anonymous said...

Bwoy, Scratchie, it well cold over here too. I don't understand it. Maybe the end IS near! :-O

Mad Bull