Friday, January 21, 2005

Howdy Guys and Gyals

Hail up all, Don't have a clue as to what I will say today but I'm saying hello at least. Well the opening salvo has been fired and I am waiting on the return fire to hit but we'll see. (what di backside im talking bout?) I can feel the looks of bewilderment so let me explain. Over the last two weeks or so I mentioned that I had to close down the leave system and bring it up to date with this years entries. Well from that exercise a series of reports are created some of which will be manually reviewed and authenticated by our auditors for accuracy. Well yesterday I finally managed to get the reports compiled and printed and these were dispatched to the auditors with a letter daring them to find something wrong with the report. Let's see who badder than who. So now I'm waiting on them to return a report to me with all their criticisms and queries. There always are since I think that too much human intervention takes place in an automated environment, plus the logistics of the processes just wrong but hey...??? I passed by my model car collection last night and was distressed to find some of them damaged possibly in the last move and possibly from a not so careful helper. I will speak to her when she comes tomorrow. I can't accuse her but just to remind her that care needs to be taken. The ideal situation is a display case but I haven't been able to find one that I like as yet. Plus dem damn expensive out here. I found the missing pieces so I will have to spend some time on repairs. It doesn't look as if any of the paintwork is messed up just pulled out parts. Nothing some model glue or epoxy won't cure. I have an assignment due tomorrow so I have to go put in at least an hour before work starts so we can chat some more later. May I can get my son to use his camera and post a picture or two of my models over the weekend. Hope he will accomodate me (dat spelling doan look right at all.) Oh well. This is IT so bad English and spelling are allowed. heh heh heh. Tek care.

10 comments:

CoolDestiny said...

Yes I am very much alive but just busy as hell and no time to do posting of my own but try to comment.

Take care and have a good weekend.

Scratchie said...

Hi CD, have a great weekend too.

Anonymous said...

Had a friend destroy a balsa wood model plane of mine many years ago while it was under construction....you say this is IT so bad english can gwaan, well trus me, the claats flowed. I jus dash it weh.

Have a good weekend sah. Dr. D.

Melody said...

De auditor dem naw goh test de Scratchie at all, man! After dem noh waan Scratchie dust dem out! :-) BTW, pictures ov de model cars would be nice, or a neutral picture ov Da Short One's party--hope that goes well and she enjoys herself. Have a nice weekend, Scratchie!

Abeni said...

Enjoy the weekend

Jdid said...

mek sure an show we the models

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I want to see the model cars too, Sir Scratchie... Quick time!

Mad Bull

Stu said...

My model cars did not last very long at all. In fact, soon after I built them, I blew them up with fire crackers!

Angry Dog said...

Hey Scratchie-san,

I'm definately curious about your model car collection still--do you get the Maisto models? or which one do you go for? Anyhow, have a great weekend mi bredda!

Scratchie said...

Hi all, Doggy, I have seen the Maisto models but I have not bought any. My collection consists mainly of 1/24 plastics that are assembled from kits. I only have two die-casts in the collection. Both are BMW's. The die-cast 1/24's are hard to come by out here.

I'm actually working on a model of a submarine now. It's a retro kit that comes from Revell Germany. It is more complexed than I bargained for but I'll finish it one of these days.