Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Blogging and some..

Hi All, Really late posting today. I took the car to be passed at the exam depot this morning. No problem there. The guy verifies engine and chassis/VIN number and gets in. He pulls up the handbrake and tests to see if they hold. They do and he drives a figure 8 in the lot at regular driving speed. (I say this because they have a habit of chanting around the lot at break neck speed, speeds which my car never sees even with my heavy foot.) He drives up to the wall, checks my headlights and horn and wipers. He comes out of the car and checks my tail lights and asks me to step on the breaks. Five minutes later I'm out of there with new cert in hand. See you next year Mr. car examiner. Melody mentioned in her post that blogging can set you on a train of thought. I know for me that blogging has opened me to the insight of others. I have also been called on to examine my own views from time to time. It forces a certain creativity out of you that was left untapped. Visiting blogs and writing them has facilitated the exploration of topics which would have otherwise been left untouched. Blogging has taught me patience. Waiting on some people to post. It has allowed me to share a little bit of me you and vice versa. Who would think that we would share in Melody's party escapades and Dr.D's car troubles and VX. Not to mention MB and Natty's raising of MBJr. Ciya, Kidlets and Popsey, Jdid and his inspiration, Kami wisdom beyond her years, Sunshines flowers and writing, Stu and the technology upgrades. Seven...trouble, fire. Desiree, Angry Dog learned people but willing to share insight...the list goes on. We have not always agreed on issues but yet I have never felt afraid to share my views or afraid to explore the views of the others. In fact, I feel slighted when I see no comments. Blogging for me is a merger of the many lives that pass here. I may never met the people behind the screen names but it feels like I know something about each one. There are things that I write here that are only shared here in my writings. I am sure that the same goes for many of you. I guess what I am trying to say is Respec' to you all. Why do you blog? What does it mean to you. How has it helped you...How....? Later guys.

8 comments:

Melody said...

(De test was at Stadium, Scratchie?) Hmm, why DOES De Piggy Blog? It shows me mi every-day life, date-stamped an' all. Ah get to express mi-self, an' ah get to glimpse de every-day life ov other people ov Caribbean heritage. It helps, in that ah get to learn from others' experience. It means a lot to me. It's a favourite pastime now, 'cause ah care about de people I've met--a big deal, since I'm normally shy about meetin' people. Readin' a Blog means seein' a real person (unlike readin' a novel), so de concerns are real: What will Sunshine do wif her writin'? How's Da Short One handlin' teenage life? What fun awaits Dr. D in private practice? How's Kami's new-found 11-yr-old cousin? And among OTHER questions: Will Scratchie ever choke de registration-day Jezebel? Will da wife 'off' Jdid an' steal his poetry legacy? :-)

Jdid said...

melody she will neva get me poetry :-) ha ha ha

yo respect scratchie. yep I got to say the blogging thing is really cool. I echo your sentiments.

Why I blog. Started out mainly because I wanted to explore my writing and see if I had any skill or any creativity. Now its a way to share and get some thoughts out and it helps me relax a bit too. I actually look forward to writing and although I think some of my blogs are incoherent it helps me actually clarify some of my views sometimes. As well reading others thoughts gives great insight and points of views you wouldnt have come up with yourself. I find all you guys have such great perspectives on things. respect!

Anonymous said...

Trouble, fire??? Hasn't MB told you I'm the quietest of all of his siblings - I am you know!!! The sanest, quietest one!!! (BIG A.. Super smile)

I blog because it allows me to reach out to real people I identify with! There's a big part of me that does wish I had more anonymity - there's so much more that I think and feel that I'd share if so - but its all good! Y'all are family now - like it or not!!!

Abeni said...

Hey
I got into blogging because one my friends had just started a blog so I had to had one too:).Anyway,since I little I always used to be writing about things that bothered me.Some of them will make you laugh or cry(bad spelling and all:)So blogging just seems like an extension of what I was doing for a long time.Added to to that it is a way of sharing thoughts,getting advice and just learning about life from others and making friends.

Ps.I not blogging today:)

Anonymous said...

VIN= vehicle identification number
Hence VIN Number --> redundant

Anonymous said...

Yow Scratch...well, me never blog dis mawnin as me never have much to seh, and me couldn't get pon de net cause my ISP was having issues!

Your Qs have been addressed many times by lots of bloggers.

I got into it after being coerced by the Bull. Initially I started to comment in his posts. By the rather long comments I sometimes dropped, the Bull suggested that I try mi own ting. I did and here I am.

Like you, me wrench when nobody no fart pon a post. I live for comments and the interaction that the blogging provides. It also is a good way of teasing and having fun on de net. It can be very educational also, as people from different places and walks of life do this.

I really don't do this for me. If y'alls did stop comment, my site woulda lock down long time.

I like your blog as it provides variety. I know, I can be pretty boring at times, but, wah fe do? Blog on rude yute. Dr. D

Scratchie said...

Thank you all for your comments. Seems we keep this up for common reasons. Thanks to anonymous for pointing out that error. The "VIN" part was added after my original post for the benefit of my North American readers who don't use the term chassis number.

Anonymous said...

Hey scratchie,

This is Fyr... waltzed on over after you dropped in on me.

Nice blog... the black is really cool - think I need to get my skin switcher working soon.

Why do I blog? Would you believe me if I told you that blogging only started for me as a tech challenge? I wanted to set up a site and maintain it... and a blog seemed the best way to implement the idea. It's evolved tho.... now I check in every hour just to see if anyone has commented and head on over to their site (if they leave a link) and see what's on THEIR minds. I like getting into people's heads - it's interesting to learn what other people think about. Gives a wider perspective on things - cos someone else will always have a slightly or drastically different view of something you are thinking about. I love it.

Anywho, gots to get some work done... it's not even lunchtime and I am already counting down to 5.

L8r.