Tuesday, January 25, 2005

My latest purchase

I decided to get myself a new phone this week. The one I had got crushed in the elevator doors last week. The one I had was a regular run of the mill Nokia1100. I am not usually a telephone fanatic and it has been eons since I saw something that I liked. So when I saw this one I shelled out the moola and got it. It's a Samsung X450. Basically an entry level clamshell/flip phone. My son has been ramping with it since I got it so last night I just had to put my foot down...I asked him if he would mind if I borrowed it for a while :-). It's pretty neat. It has internet access and all that. I would have preferred one with a camera but I refuse to pay that kind of money for a phone. Not in this lifetime anyway. Too many other more important things to do besides buy consumer goods...nuh true?

Hosted by Photobucket.com

I had my performance review at work today and I'm pleased. I thought that with all the flare ups I've had in the latter part of 2004 that the supervisor would have been wicked. She was in fact quite fair. We had frank discussions and all went well.

From the mere fact that I am posting about phones you know I don't have diddly squat to write about today don't you. Not to worry, JDid has said enough for everybody today. Check out JDid's Post for today. I posted something about my hobby on Sunday and you all ignored it. I tek dem kinda insult serious yuh nuh. Ah so life go still.

Anyway, I can't stay with unnoo much longer. Gots classes today. I have a question for all you married people. Have you every been in love with someone besides you husband or wife after you have been married. If yes how did it make you feel. How do you/didyou deal with it. Nothing implied here nor do I expect to get too many responses. Just toyng with your inquiring minds. No, I'm behaving myself. It's just a question that came up from reading a blog I came across while surfing recently, but idiot me never tek note of the site address so I can't find it back. I know it must be linked from one of you guys but it could well be a link on a link on a link on a link if you get my drift. Anyway I have to go so take care all.

11 comments:

Melody said...

Hi, Scratchie, nice ov yu to let Da Tall One lend you YOUR phone. :-) About de other question, ah haven't yet met anyone who seems more terrific than Mr. Pig. Still, we decided that if ah ever felt de same love-at-first-sight for someone new, de first person I'd run to would be Mr. Pig (and vice versa), so we could rush to a marriage counselor. In premarital counselin', Rev. Taylor told us that couples need a pre-planned course ov action for events such as extra-marital attraction, 'cause if yu don't have a plan, yu mighta panic or act on impulse--an' that's when sin creeps in. Plus, yu never can tell, deep extra-marital attraction prob'ly signals big problems IN de marriage, so for prevention, we place a lot ov emphasis on communication and so on.

Anonymous said...

Well, big up to you on your newest purchase. I 'ent into the cell craze either. I have a 'run of the mill' Nokia 5120 (I think is a 5120) going about three years now....and it still a work. I paid about 5G for it...on sale. It was advertised as 9G plus...wasn't selling, so Digi was practically a gie dem weh. It have nuff feature still....I don't use dem. Mek and receive call!! A it dat fe me. One of the yutes we used to go school with saw it recently and did feisty himself wid me....talk 'bout how is a 'BRICK' I have carrying. Course, you used to go Georges....so you know wah him get tell 'bout. I agree with you...aint buying no camera phone. I have a good digicam. They can keep the flipping flip phones for all I care. Dr. D.

Anonymous said...

Rahtid, I thought everyone posted about their cell phones! Here is what I had to say about mine on one occasion. I'm sure I've written about it since too. I still have the cellie pictured in that blogpost, but I use it more as a backup nowadays. Now I have a Motorola V66i . Click the Motorola link to see my phone closed, and the V66i link to see it opened. I like both my phones, but recently I've been thinking of getting a camera phone still. Just think. When somebody lick you on the road, you can get their picture and capture all the evidence! Yah man, its a good idea. We'll see if I can convince myself on that one... :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, is me dat above too... I don't know what happen to me tonight, I keep forgetting to sign mu comments...

Mad Bull

Anonymous said...

Hmm!!! 'Nothing implied here...' etc... hmmm, you sure is not your 'friend' in this situation? Hmmm???

Just kidding! In love with another... no! I think anyone can feel piqued interest - The Rock goes to my gym for God's sake!!! But after years of experience, I think sensible married people know that piqued interest does not a relationship make! And years of experience have taught me that no-one, no matter how they look, how they seem, what they do, no-one makes me happy, makes me laugh, sing and dance around like a mad person like my hubby! So, no!!!

I think time, complacency, and vivid imaginations can make piqued interest go as far as it can go - but people need to realise that if you've been with the person (your spouse) for a while, if you know that it works, if you can talk about almost anything and can enjoy almost everything so long as its together - piqued interest is just a stone flung in the road middle to create accident and complication!

Piqued interest can also be a sign that there are problems with the relationship - so, while they should not be overblown, they should also not be ignored! Each individual has to search within themself to identify what is what!

All I'm saying, be careful how we use the word "LOVE" - I'd be curious to know which is used more - 'Love' or the word 'Beautiful'. It can be a real exaggeration of our feeling, so be careful y'all!

I'll shut up now... sorry!

7 (smile)

Abeni said...

Nice phone dat.Somebody really enjoying posting pics:)I not really fussy with them tho-as long as it can tell me the time(I don't wear a watch)and I get calls etc is all good

Scratchie said...

Hi all, I hear you Melody and Sunshine and Doc. MB & Kami, I'm really a basic phone person myself. I just liked the appeal of this one for some strange reason.

Scratchie said...

BTW why are you apologising 7? I like the open forum. If you have more to say, say it. I like your perspective.

Jdid said...

hey scratchie think i have the same phone. got it in september

as for the question posed I dont think I've been in love with anyone else since I've been married yet. Attracted too yep most definetly, felt that I could probably fall in love with over time if the situation was right yes BUT I never let anything like that progress beyonda few idle thoughts. Juss put it outta me mind cause I have certain boundaries so although I have alot of female friends I keep evabody the same way at arms length. I aint lookin fa nun a dat sorta truble. besides I think that when that starts becoming an issue is when you really need to go to the counsellors like melody say cause obviously something in your marriage juss outta sorts. so either ya shud deal with dat via counselling, or divorce or whatever.

Stu said...

Hey now! What's wrong with talking about a cell phone. I think new cell phones are very interestng :)

Yamfoot said...

i not married but i answering anyways...

if i were married, i wouldnt trust myself and so that's probably why i'm not married.